Welcome to the website for St Mary and St Paul, Barnsley.
Our Parish consists of two churches, St Mary the Virgin which is situated on Church Street in the town centre adjacent to the Town Hall, and St Paul the Apostle which is situated in Old Town, Barnsley.
St Mary's is a Grade II listed building and the foundations of the building date from the 8th century and the tower from the 15th century.The basis of the present structure was built in 1822.
St Paul's is also a Grade II listed building and is the daughter church to St Mary's. It was built in 1936 in the Art Deco style and is sometimes mistaken for a mosque due to its green dome. However the cross on top of the dome is a bit of a giveaway!
You are sure of a warm welcome from our congregations and from our priests -
The Revd Phillip John Maries - Assistant curate
The Revd Miguel Sanchez Rodriguez - Assistant curate